Updated 4/30/2017, 3:44pm
- Email: Xiomiriver@hotmail.com
- Mobile Phone: 754.423.0550
- USSF "B" License
- USSF "C" License
- 2017 - Present: Assistant Coach at Broward College - Men's Soccer Team
- 2016-Present: Head Coach for boys three boys tams at Miam Springs - Virgina Gardens Soccer Club, Miami Springs, Florida
- 2015-2016 : Head Coach for two boys teams at Strike Force Soccer Club, Miami, Florida
- 2001-2015: Head Coach for boys and girls at Pinecrest Soccer Club, Miami, Florida (Nelson was honored with the 2009 Boys Coach of the Year Award - Pinecrest Soccer Club)
- 1999 - 2001: Head coach for the girls varsity team at Miami Country Dade High School, Miami Shores Florida
- 1997-1999: Head coach for the boys and girls junior varsity high school teams at American High School, Hialeah, Florida
* A native of the South Florida, Nelson began playing competitive soccer at the age of 11 for his father who coached at Vineland Soccer Club. Nelson played three years above his age group and at the age of 12 represented the United States at an International Soccer Tournament held in La Plata, Argentina.
* Nelson later played for Pembroke Pines Soccer Club were he was coached by soccer legend Teofilo "El Nene" Cubillas, until the age of 16. While with Pembroke Pines, Nelson played and won numerous local and out-of-town tournaments throughout the US, to include tournaments in Tampa, Orlando, Dallas, New York and Tennessee to name a few. Furthermore, in 1990 Nelson toured Argentina playing against youth club teams, such as River Plate, Boca Junior, Independente and other legendary Argentinian Soccer clubs. During this trip, Nelson played against top level caliber players such as "La Bruja - Veron".
* Nelson then was selected to play for the South Florida Select Program; an elite soccer program managed and coached by Nick Megaloudis along with former Fort Lauderdale Striker's President Tom Mulroy "Soccer Tom".
* Nelson played and started all 4 years of his high school soccer career and won 2 District Championships, 2 Regional Championships, 1 Sectional Championship for American High.
* Nelson later earned an athletic scholarship and played and started all of his college career at Barry University were he was honored with the "Coach's Award" in 1996.
* Nelson played 4 years in the United States Interregional Soccer League (USISL) for the South Florida Flamingo's and later with the South Florida Future in the A-League.
Professional Education and Experience
* Professionally, Nelson holds a Bachelor's Degree in Criminology and Psychology along with a Master's Degree in Social Work. Nelson is currently working on completing a Master's level degree in Sports Psychology and will pursue the USSF "A" license in the near future. Nelson is the founder of 2 Touch Soccer, a company which conducts educational soccer camps, operates soccer tournaments, is outsourced for team and player scouting, analysis and leadership development. 2 Touch Soccer often works with innovative leadership corporations such as HughesCorp to promote leadership techniques. Nelson has been a federal law enforcement officer for nearly 20 years, and is involved in community outreach and youth leadership and development.
My Coaching Philosophy:
* Nelson's soccer career was influenced and developed due to great coaching from: Nick Megaloudis (Former MLS Coach), Juan Carlos Michia (Former US Soccer Staff Member), Musa Njie (Current Gambian Soccer Federation Member), Munga Eketebi (Current Men's Head Coach - Broward College), Brian Dooley (Current Head Men's Coach - Arkansas State University), Thomas Rongen (Former MLS Coach of the Year and US Soccer Federation Member) only to name a few inspirational and greatly experienced soccer members.
* Nelson values his family, friends and his numerous soccer and professional relationships. And although he has lead his teams to countless victories and has won over 25 tournaments during his coaching career ranging from 1st Division - 3rd Division teams, he is a constant preacher of youth soccer development in the form of playing 2 touch soccer above winning. His most recent victory was in January 2017 - having lead his Men's U19 - 2 Touch Soccer team to the crowning of the Alianza Cup, Miami, Florida.
“Champions aren’t made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” -Muhammad Ali - The Greatest of all Time